Preeminent Estate Litigation Attorneys
At Bashian & Farber, LLP, our attorneys know the complex, detail-intensive area of estate law from multiple perspectives. As estate planners, we focus on creating litigation-resistant wills, trusts and other documents to carry out our clients' specific wishes to the fullest possible extent. The best way to avoid a will contest is to follow proper and maticulous will preparation procedures. Our vast experience in this area gives us particularized knowledge of these procedures.
Any inheritance dispute over estate property or assets can become a highly sensitive and emotional event that is hard on family relationships. If you are in such a dispute, hiring competent, effective legal counsel can enable you to pursue your rights and goals in the most timely, efficient way possible so you can begin to move on with your life.
Our team of lawyers includes a certified public accountant and other capable individuals with extensive tax planning and estate tax experience. We have the legal knowledge and analytical strength to represent your interests as a beneficiary in virtually any situation involving:
- A will contest, trust contest or other inheritance dispute — often requiring detailed discovery proceedings to establish the capacity of the deceased person
- "Turnover" proceedings to bring improperly excluded assets back into an estate
- An accounting contest, which involves disagreement over an accounting filed by a will's executor or trustee
- The resolution of debt and other obligations, as well as complex gifting and tax issues
- Heirs who have been removed from a will or trust
- Allegations and evidence of undue influence over an executor or testator
- The interests of corporations, other businesses or charitable organizations in an estate
Our team of attorneys, includes partner Irving O. Farber, who has extensive experience in analyzing medical records and evidence. This experience is critical in will contests which challenge the medical and mental capacity of the deceased at the time the will was executed.
If you have an interest in a contested will or trust that may require estate litigation or probate litigation expertise, contact Bashian & Farber, LLP for qualified, experienced counsel and representation.