Irving O. Farber Esq.
888-892-9072 (Toll Free)
Mr. Farber has been "AV" Rated (very high Legal ability and general ethical standards) in the Martindale-Hubbell legal directory. Over the course of his career, he has litigated and tried hundreds of cases to verdict involving matters such as defamation, motor vehicle accidents, defective products, explosion cases, medical malpractice, airline deregulation claims, physician disciplinary matters, legal malpractice, Will contests, custody cases, and commercial matters in Federal and state courts.
Mr. Farber's extensive knowledge and understanding of trial strategy and tactics and vast experience in medical matters is uniquely advantageous in Will contests, litigated Elder Law and litigated Guardianship matters. In addition, he has been involved in multiple appellate matters, including oral argument in New York's highest appellate court, the Court of Appeals.
Unfortunately even meritorious cases can be lost in the courtroom without mastery of the rules of evidence and how to prove a case. Mr. Farber's experience in trying jury cases (as well as non-jury cases) gives him the advantage of avoiding the trial errors which can unnecessary prejudice a favorable outcome.
Over the years, he has authored multiple articles in various legal publications and has lectured extensively on trial practice and evidence. Honors include in 1995 a Congressional Proclamation for accomplishments on behalf of his community.
He presently serves his community as a Volunteer Fireman.
Areas of Practice
- Civil Litigation
- Legal Malpractice
- Estate Litigation
- Guardianship Litigation
- Business Litigation
- Commercial Litigation
- Health Law
- Physician Disciplinary Matters
- Medical Malpractice
- New York, 1968
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of New York, 1969
- U.S. District Court Southern District of New York, 1969
- U.S. District Court Northern District of New York, 1977
- U.S. Court of Appeals 2nd Circuit, 1974
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1974
- Brooklyn Law School, Brooklyn, New York
- LL.B. - 1967
- Wagner College, Staten Island, New York
- A.B., Bachelor of Arts - 1965
- Victims of Negligence
- Victims of Defamation
- Victims of Attorney Malpractice
- Fiduciary Responsibilities: The Role of Executors And Trustees And Judicial Remedies, Westchester County Bar Association CLE Program June 24, 2015
- Winning a Will Contest, New York State Bar Associate CLE Program Webcast, Fall, 2015
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Westchester County Bar Association - Judicial Screening Committee, Past Co-Chair